Tom's rootboot!!!

It's basically a rescue disk with a ton of utils on it.

http://www.toms.net/rb/home.html

-----Original Message-----
From: Jason DeStefano [mailto:destef at destef.com]
Sent: Friday, November 03, 2000 8:42 PM
To: tclug-list at mn-linux.org
Subject: Re: [TCLUG:23490] Disaster recovery

you might try reinstalling a fresh OS onto a different drive, then
mount your old partitions as data paratitions and attempt to fsck
them with you correctly working OS. also explore the alternate
superblock backups (man fsck?) to increase you chances.
not sure if there are any other options out there. dont forget to
check lost+found for file remnants especially if you have very
important data to recover.