Chuck:

I have a friend who just went to work for what he called "U.S.Worst."
He quoted their motto: "Things are bitter here."    ;-)

I'm just hanging around, waiting, as I'm 24000 feet front the U.S.Worst building
in Cottage Grove.    I'll wait.   Things will happen - more cheaply.

>I've had a dial-up ISP account with Mindspring for 2 years now and
>been very happy with their availability and support. We have DSL
>from USWorst because that's all that was available before the
>Mindspring / Earthlink merger. Just some back of the napkin notes
>from using the USWorst DSL with USWorst ISP and it seems that
>somewhere things are over subscribed so the pipes to the net are full.
>
>Has anyone made the jump from USWorst to Mindspring / Earthlink?
>
>Do I keep the DSL service with USWorst and just move the ISP
>connection to Earthlink or do I get it all from Earthlink?
>
>thanks
>chuckc
>

>tclug-list at mn-linux.org wrote:
>> I have a couple of friends down there that get chater service. One of them was
>part of the beta setup. At that time he was getting 25K (And his intranet dhcp
>server was being relayed over charter hehehehehe, anways), but now they both are
>getting about 60K.
>

>Mike Hicks wrote:
>
>> "Thomas T. Veldhouse" wrote:
>> >
>> > A friend of mine is using Charter in Apple Valley.  It is much faster than
>> > dial-up - but he is seeing 18KB/s downloads - which is far slower than what
>> > they advertised (I believe it was advertised as 400Kb/s ~= 40KB/s).  He is
>> > getting less than 50%.
>>
>> Yuck!  Your friend should complain!  Loudly!
>>
>> --
>>  _  _  _  _ _  ___    _ _  _  ___ _ _  __   Dinner not ready: (A)bort
>> [ Mike Hicks | http://umn.edu/~hick0088/ | mailto:hick0088 at tc.umn.edu ]

Bob W. Anderson
Newport, MN