Why not Onvoy?  I've been very happy with them.
I also get local phone service from them now,
avoiding US West altogether.

I will say that when I signed up a couple of months ago,
Onvoy was experiencing growing pains.  A service rep
I talked to was new and had to go ask someone else
questions, and also when Covad installed the line,
it was two people, with one in training.

I think in this industry, *everyone* is growing,
and you'll not find a company that doesn't have
people who can report both both good and bad experiences.

My personal experience is that US West sucks,
and Onvoy at least wanted my business, and was
sincere in trying to help me out.

John

John Hesterberg                         email: jh at sgi.com
Technical Project Leader                phone: 651-683-5879
HPC Linux
SGI