> With DSL, the high spped phone line has to come from us west. IF your area
> isn't coverd you are out of luck. Unless this has changed and other telcos can
> offer DSL phone lines.

Other telcos (CLECs) can offer DSL service out of USWest COs and over
USWest copper, and most importantly, they can offer different
implementations of DSL. USWest uses RADSL, which has a much smaller
effective range than SDSL, which is offered by someone like Covad. So if
USWest can't provide you service, it's possible that Covad can, if they've
moved into the correct CO.

Unfortunately this hope didn't pan out for me at either of 2 locations.
But certainly worth a phone call.

Andy