On Wed, Jun 28, 2000 at 09:08:44AM -0500, Thomas T. Veldhouse wrote:
>Why buy the CD at all?  Most "popular" linux users, won't be downloading and
>installing a new kernel right away - and they certainly want to see what
>they hype is about.  They won't get to with Debian 2.1.  The latest software
>needs glibc-2.1.x (i.e. java2), Star Office, etc.
{blutgens at athena}-{~/.desktop} $ ls -l /lib/libc-*

-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       888596 May  1 13:26 /lib/libc-2.1.3.so

hmmm. Like I said. Most people run the unstable branch. Stable is for
production boxes that don't need all the newest stuff (in most cases)

Nor is Debian targeted at "Newbies" or they'd have a gtk install like some
other dists. It's aimed at power users who want more from thier system.

At least that my interpretation of it.