You can export the Access tables to flat files, transmogrify them with
Perl, and then use Perl to load PostgreSQL from the transmogrified flat
files. I mention the transmogrification process because Access's text
output will probably need to be modified, and you might want to use
another more comfortable tool to load your database (though I don't know
what that would be). I am assuming that the data will live in the
PostgreSQL/MySQL database and you won't keep going back to the Access
file. Is this coreect?

Timothy Wilson wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> Does anyone know if it's possible to take some tables from an MS Access
> database and move them somehow to a PostgreSQL database? (Actually, MySQL
> would probably be fine too. I won't need transaction support) I'm trying to
> access some student data for our Web site, but it currently lives in an
> Access database.
>
> -Tim
>
> --
> Tim Wilson      | Visit Sibley online:         | Check out:
> Henry Sibley HS | http://www.isd197.k12.mn.us/ | http://www.zope.org/
> W. St. Paul, MN |                              | http://slashdot.org/
> wilson at visi.com |   <dtml-var pithy_quote>     | http://linux.com/

Troy Johnson   mailto:john1536 at tc.umn.edu   http://umn.edu/~john1536/
The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we
decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will
win and the decent people will lose.
        -- James Earl Jones