Quoting Ben Beuchler (insyte at emt-p.org):
> On Fri, Jun 23, 2000 at 12:50:49AM -0500, Bob Tanner wrote:
>
> > Mailman works with qmail as well.
>
> Is it an easy fit?  I've been struggling with making our legacy majordomo
> lists talk to qmail.  It's been a headache.

Almost as easy as ezmlm.

> > Biggest problem is ezmlm does not have a nice way of web archiving the
> > messages.
>
> Just curious:  Did you try ezmlm-cgi at all?

Yes, did not work very well. Was slow. It was so slow that it would cause
backlogs on the tclug list when there was some heavy traffic.

> > I will miss the security and SPEED of qmail, but from admin point and
> > end-user point Mailman is a better product.
>
> I assume you will be continuing to use qmail as your MTA?

No, went to sendmail, just cuz I was fustrated with qmail.

> I apologize for all the questions:  I'm looking at making a decision in
> the next couple of weeks between mailman and ezmlm.  One thing that
> concerns me about mailman is how well it will work with the qmail/vpopmail
> virtual domain setup.

No problem.
--
Bob Tanner <tanner at real-time.com>       | Phone : (612)943-8700