Luke Francl said:
> How does one configure a machine to have more than one IP address?

Already answered in my second message on this topic.

> I read this on the hosting company's page I mentioned earlier. They said
> this affected Netscape 1.1 and lower...

If you try playing with a name-based arrangement, you can access the site by
IP address instead of hostname to see how pre-HTTP 1.1 browsers will react.
(Unless you set up a VirtualHost directive specifically for host=IP address,
but I don't know why you'd want to do that...)

> RewriteRule ^(bar\.com) $1:81

The hostname is a separate (HTTP 1.1) header, not part of the URI parsed by
apache.  Instead, you'd probably have to set up a VirtualHost (by whichever
method) which maps into /bar.com and then apply this rewrite rule.

Geek Code 3.1:  GCS d- s+: a- C++ UL++$ P+>+++ L+++>++++ E- W--(++) N+ o+
!K w---$ O M- V? PS+ PE Y+ PGP t 5++ X+ R++ tv b+ DI++++ D G e* h+ r++ y+