> 	based on what I saw of the developers' presentation, 2.5 is the technology of the future; always has been, always will be... ;>
>
> 	the current thinking is to run the traffic over a VPN tunnel of some sort.

You could just wrap it in stunnel.  It's easy enough.

> 	now we just need to get SSH support into 'tar'. (it already will work over the r* connection)

Why won't ssh support tar?  Just setup hosts.equiv and .rhosts files on the target machine.  Works quite nicely, actually.

Gabe
Gabe Turner		X-President, ACM @ U of MN	     dopp at acm.cs.umn.edu

"You've really lost it this time....you've lost your mind!"
	- Ren finds out about Stimpy's Stinky Butt Fantasy in "Son Of Stimpy"