> > Uh. dselect *will* grow on you.  Learn the keys and the indicators, its
> > a really slick packaging system, more powerful than anything out there.
>
> Of that I have no doubt. I called dselect 'different' because it isn't
> terrible, just different. If I think I can do better, I can write my own
> front end to dpkg ;-)

Suggestions/Reccomendations are a really dumb idea if you ask me. I'm
sick of getting a huge list of crap I don't want because this suggests
that, and that suggests this other thing, etc... And having to sort
through what is required, and what is merely suggested. Mostly its the
UI that sucks. No way to tell at a glance...