On Thu, 13 Jul 2000 15:16:02 CDT Bob Tanner wrote:
> Back in the old days, I remember emacs allowed you to save a session, meaning
> all the files you currently have open in all your buffers would be
> automagically re-opened when you re-started emacs.
>
> I cannot seem to find this feature anymore.

I didn't see any responses so let me try to answer.

The desktop library is probably what you're looking for.  You'll want
to add this to the end of your ~/.emacs file:

     (desktop-load-default)
     (desktop-read)

Launch emacs, run "M-x info," load the Emacs info document ("m emacs")
and search for "saving sessions" ("s saving sessions") to learn more
about how to use desktop.  It's important to understand how to run this
the first time and how it works.

Hope this helps.