Apu wrote:

> As a try to install my ethernet card , I opened up etc/conf.modules and added
> the line:
>
> alias eth2 eepro.
>
> Then I tried manually restarting the network by :
> /etc/rc.d/init.d/network restart
>
> Since then my computer is hanging and during boot up I get the message
> Bringing up interface eth2 and ...blinking...blinking
> I would appreciate any useful suggestion.

Are both eth0 and eth1 coming up before eth2?  Unless things have
changed recently, the first ethernet module inserted is always eth0, the
second is always eth1 (unless the first module has been removed, of
course), etc.  Therefore, if the driver inserted successfully and came
up as eth0, the boot scripts would never know (they should probably be
rewritten to handle configuration based on hardware address, rather than
being eth[012...]

Also, does that card get configured via DHCP or BOOTP?  Maybe you just
have to wait for it to time-out (though I suppose you've waited.)

At any rate, if you're having trouble getting in to fix the problem, try
booting at the LILO prompt with `linux single' or `linux init=/bin/sh'

--
 _  _  _  _ _  ___    _ _  _  ___ _ _  __   As I said before, I never