On Wed, 12 Jul 2000, Timothy Wilson wrote:

> > It's on the order of millions -- hence Mflops
>
> I wasn't sure that 1 flop == 1 multiplication/sec

FlOp == Floating point Operation

I would imagine that for ENIAC you'd want inter benchmarks (I'm assuming
that ENIAC was integer only, but I don't really know)

> It seems like there are so many benchmarks around, it's hard to know for
> sure what means what anymore. All I really care about it BogoMIPS anyway.
> :-)
>
> -Tim
>
> (Writing from his 397 BogoMIP PPro 200)

I don't really know how a BogoMIP is figured but isn't a PPro dual
pipeline making it able to complete 2 integer calcs per clock cycle?   So
*theoretically* it could do 400 MIPS; pretty darned close to 397 BogoMIPS.

If this is true then a BogoMIP might be what you're looking for.

Charlie