> I'm wondering if anyone knows of a soure of high-quality, royalty-free
> clipart of computers and computer-related parts. I'm thinking of CPUs, hard
> drives, RAM chips, external shots of computers, a mouse, keyboard, etc.

Try arttoday.com -- They have a lot of freely downloadable clip-art, although
the best stuff is subscriber-only.  I don't know whether or not it's free if
you're putting it in something you intend to sell, but, hey, who's going to
notice?

> On a related note, is anyone aware of the legality of including screen shots
> of commerical software in a book? The manuals that I'm writing will be
> *purchased* by the people who take the courses, so I suspect that we'll have
> to be more careful about what we include.

I seem to recall "educational use" as being a valid form of Fair Use, although
the fact that you're selling the manual may, again, complicate things.

Although, if a company can claim copyright on *screen shots* of their product,
doesn't that bring us pretty close to the point where MS can claim ownership of
any document created using Word?

I guess my advice would be to just go for it.  Like they say, copyright
infringement is your best entertainment value...

---BEGIN PBP SIGNATURE---
Version: Pretty Bad Privacy v0.23

180G
----END PBP SIGNATURE----