Andy Zbikowski allegedly wrote:
> Scott Dier wrote:
> >
> > Ahh. I see, they repackaged the sucker.
> >
> > I got a tarball from someone for linux.
> >
> Repackaged, and didn't document. Bad Sun! Don't burn your users!

<sound of scorched flesh>

OK, so I'm twiddling the Slackware install that comes up after

	./so-5_2-ga-bin-linux-en.bin -extract
	setup /net

Suse is what I have at home, but after a little poking about I find the
package list, containing StarOffice 5.1 and the fix for it.  No sign
of 5.2.  Clearly something is wrong with what I'm doing.  Help!  Oh to see
that wondrous suffix, tar.gz.  :^)

Also, it seems a bit odd that they went from a swanky full-screen GUI
to using the Slackware mechanism - without BTW including anything in the
README warning the uninitiated as to what was coming.

Adios,
Chris
--
C.S. Cornuelle
School of Mathematics/MCIM, University of Minnesota
(612) 626-8930v, (612) 624-2333f, bob at math.umn.edu
Ferventer Vestite