Andy Zbikowski wrote:

> Keep in mind you need processing power for each VM you have running.
> VMware more or less dedicates processing power and memory to each VM. So
> if you have 2
> 166 VM's on a 333 machine, you have no processing power left for your
> host OS.
>
> I've pulled up a 166 VM running NT4, and even that brings Linux (host
> os) to a near stand still on this P2/350.

I think memory is more important than processor speed when running
VMware.  More CPU ticks will obviously help, but it is important to note
that disk I/O is pretty evil under VMware (at least it was the last time
I played with it).  Any swapping will have a big impact.

I'm not sure if it would be possible to run Netware in a VM, unless you
use IP-only networking.  However, you can get Netware for Linux, which
allows you to run Netware services natively.  That would remove the need
for one of the VMs, and a chunk of memory and disk space along with it.

--
 _  _  _  _ _  ___    _ _  _  ___ _ _  __   If you choke a smurf,
/ \/ \(_)| ' // ._\  / - \(_)/ ./| ' /(__   what color does it turn?