I bought a T20 with Windows 2000 and added SuSE 6.4.

The S3 Savage IX8 chip is supposedly supported by XFree86 version 3.3.6.
But I had no luck getting it to work and their support people told me they
don't support Linux yet.  (Yes, this was after the preloaded machines
appeared.)

Another customer asked about the XF86Config file in the IBM Online Support
forum.  They haven't replied yet.

I downloaded a demo for the commercial xig server.  That works nicely
except when you exit and go back to the console... the text gets flickery.

Unfortunately my system had a bad motherboard.  It will come back to me
Wednesday.

Carlos