Hi,

> This is a shortcoming in the firewall code, but not necessarily a bug.

I didn't think it's a bug, I thought it's some weird configuration thing I
could not find documentation for.

> > I've got a couple of workarounds - /etc/hosts or hosts.txt files on the
> > workstations, or setting up an alternate DNS for the internal network, but
> > I'd like to have the firewall do it's thing.
> Sorry, it simply won't.

Good thing I have a couple of workarounds already worked out, then.

> I'd go with either the redirect-to-local+proxy route as deployed for
> transparent proxying with squid.

That's nice for http/ftp. Not too useful for pop/imap/ssh/etc. Since my
network's small, I guess hosts files will work fine.

-Yaron