> Somewhere I have the pin-outs for the serial ports.  Also, I should be
> able to make "dd" copies of the NCR Unix boot disks I have laying around.
	cool. given a crude shell of some sort, I can read the root password
hash and probably brute-force it in a couple of days (especially when my
1.1GHz Thunderbird arrives); since I'm sure it's just crypt()'ed.

	I did actually guess the password for the 'sys' account (it was
still set to password 'sys', probably a factory default); but unfortunately
the shell for that account seems to have been set to /bin/false.
	it did ask me to put in a new password (the old one was overdue for
a change), and it required that it be at least 6 characters in length and
contain 2 numbers.

> There has been lots of work lately to get MCA SCSI and MCA ethernet
> drivers working under Linux so it might be possible to get linux working
> nicely with it.
	well, Alan Cox has been working on it, at least.

> Um, after you've had your way with it...  Interested in getting rid of it?
> :)
	probably not. if nothing else, I'll make a display case out of it or
something like that. I don't think it's big enough to make into a wet bar.
:) (cf. the 'vaxbar')

	I wonder if an ATX board could be made to fit well?

Carl.
--
Network Engineer
Real-Time Enterprises