It has come to my attention that Onvoy is in fact going to DROP MY A$$
as a DSL customer. So I am in the market to switch.

I have heard a rumor or two that Covad might be in some trouble and may
close down as well. These are just faint rumors and I have nothing to
back them up.

Basically I have to choose whether to stick with Covad and simply switch
ISP's, or switch ISP's and to Qwest.

Sticking with Covad is easier in the short term since I get to reuse the
already in place equipment. But if Covad goes under I will have to
switch AGAIN!

Here are my uses of DSL:
I host several domains for myself and family members.
Email accounts for those domains
occasional quake serving
often quake playing
VPN type connections
and standard browsing.
I want low latency and steady bandwidth.

Covad/Onvoy provided that to me, and I was a happy customer. But now I
get a nice slap in the face.

Anyone have any sites I can go to for differences between RDSL, ADSL,
SDSL, RADSL and all the other ones. It seems Qwest supplies ADSL and
Covad supplies SDSL.

Thanks for any input.