Now, the hard part. Does anyone have time to perl program to search for all the
mailto: links and change them to something like this?

before:

mailto:clueless at newbie.com

After:

mailto:clueless@newbie.com

That should make it harder for spambots to hit the archives and harvest email
addreses.

I have turned on mod_rewrite for the known spambots
<http://mosa.unity.ncsu.edu/brabec/antispam.html> out there, to direct them to
the bit-bucket.  I am VERY tempted to feed them bogus addresses
<http://www.turnstep.com/Spambot/harassment.html>

Please let me know if you have time to write a perl program to change the
mailto: links. Thanks.

--
Bob Tanner <tanner at real-time.com>       | Phone : (952)943-8700
http://www.mn-linux.org                 | Fax   : (952)943-8500