At 12:32 AM 12/26/00 -0600, you wrote:
>I seem not to be receiving any messages. The mail server went down for a
>few days and I think my e-mail address got added to a bounce back list or
>something, since afterward I stopped getting e-mails from the list. I
>unsubscribed and resubscribed, and I get the confirm e-mails, but not the
>list e-mails.
>
>Thanks,
>
>(and please reply to lueyb at gridley.acns.carleton.edu)
>
>Ben

Let me guess -- you subscribed using the form on http://www.mn-linux.org/.
I tried the same thing and scratched my head for a few days. I was getting
a little bit of list traffic, but certainly not all of it.

Using the mn-linux website subscribes one to tclug-list at mn-linux.org. It
appears that mail sent to that list gets forwarded to the "real" list --
tclug-list at lists.real-time.com. It's one-way, though, so I was only seeing
traffic from the few people still use the mn-linux address when
posting.  When I checked the archives I could see my posts along with all
the others, hence the confusion.

What you need to do is subscribe to the list again, this time sending to
tclug-list-request at lists.real-time.com with the subject: subscribe.

I don't know if this is meant to be a right of passage or if it's just a
case of the webmaster not having had time to fix it.

btw... I'm in Northfield, new to Linux, and you owe me one. You'll be
hearing from me. <g>