> I'm confused, as far as I know, all of my Windows install CDs are
> bootable.  How else would you install on a machine with no OS?

win98 SE was the first version that I ever saw with a bootable CD.
personally, I have no idea how they intend for you to get win95 on a
machine, since I've never actually seen a win95 boot floppy (except for the
all-floppy version of win95a, which is long dead). such things are
mentioned, but never seen, and I never saw a README file or the like, on the
CD itself.
even winNT isn't bootable; but at least I have seen boot floppies with that
CD.

I always just kept a custom DOS utilities floppy around, for doing installs,
rescues, reformats, etc.

Carl Soderstrom.
--
Network Engineer