> * Jason DeStefano <destef at destef.com> [001220 14:57]:
> > Worst case I can downgrade to cable or something and write
> > my own proxy program to simulate a real network, but I
> > want to explore all my *real* options first.
>
> You should seriously look into IPSEC tunnels.  I'm sick and tired of
> seeing useless wastes of IPv4 space.  People dont need an ip for every
> damned client, until IPv6 is in place.

And who decides what is "useless"?
Someone else's decision rule for what's important is likely to be
different than yours.

Address space is generally allocated in an inefficient manner.
Sure, there are ways to reduce one's requirements for routable addresses.
Why not let economics decide? If I'm willing to pay for a routable block,
then the provider I buy it from sets the price according to simple supply
& demand rules.

If Jason or anyone else is aware of those other options, and doesn't find
them adequate, or simply doesn't have time to mess with them, then what's
so evil about his paying for the block? If it's not available, then it'll
be prohibitively expensive.

Andy