"b. toberman" wrote:

> My Intel Pro card from Qwestionable works fine under Linux, I switched back in
> Sept.  the driver is Intel Pro 100 on my machine.
>
> > Does the Intel Pro 2100 (Qworst dsl selecte hardware) even work under Linux?

An Intel Pro NIC and the Intel Pro 2100 DSL modem are two different beasts.
Intel NICs work great under linux, the DSL modem doesn't, and probally never
will. (I haven't heard anything to the contrary anyway). The Cisco
modem/router thing just gives you an ethernet jack, thus the only OS driver
needed is for your NIC.

I have a feeling that Qwest Select customers get peeved when they discover
that their net connection isn't always on and disconnects after 2 hours
wether you're using it or not. Most of the people I talked to while doing
ISP tech support saw value fly out the window when the 2 hour time limit
came into play.

--
Andy Zbikowski, Sys Admin   | (WEB) http://www.ltiflex.com
LTI Flexible Products, Inc. | (PH)  763-428-9119 (EX) 132