The following is my pleasant experience with Onvoy/Covad. If you could
care less don't read anymore.

US West told me I couldn't have DSL, for some reason my line failed
the loop back test. I then discovered they had a digital splitter on my
line so they could split the one piece of copper running to my house
into
2 phone lines. This is why the loop back was failing. Even though I
explained
this to 4 different phone rep's they still would do nothing about it. I
live well within a mile of my CO.

I called covad, the rep told me within minutes that dsl was available
to me and that I was within a mile and a good candidate for dsl. We
scheduled
an appointment for installation. That day came and I was at home early
for the installer. The installer showed up 2.5 hours earlier than agreed
upon and asked
if it would be ok to start. I said SURE and he then proceeded to figure
out the best way to run a high quality phone line from the trunk before
the splitter to the room in my house where I wanted the dsl. After
that was installed he tried to use there speedstream dsl router on the
line. It would not sync up at any dsl speeds from 768k down. He tried 2
more of the same type of router with no luck. He then went out to the
truck
and got a flowpoint 4 port manageable sdsl router and tried that. It
worked
rather quickly. So he told me that I was getting a good deal because he
was going to be leaving me this very expensive manageable router instead

of the cheapy dumb speedstream. I was very happy with that as I was not
going to be charged any extra. And to top that off I got that $150 covad

rebate off the equipment.

Now that everything is installed and working at 768k/768k I continue
to get GREAT speeds and low latency for longer than 6 months. For
example
in quake 3 the first page of available multiplayer games are usually all

less than 40-50 ping. I usually play on a 20-30 ping server.

I run multiple domains, email, quake server, dns, and alot of other
services. Onvoy even put in a reverse dns entry for my domain in there
records. Onvoy is treating me like a business fractional T1 account
without the business cost.

Very happy with Onvoy/Covad! Very peeved at Qwest(US West)