Pretty much. I have my own domain, do my own DNS (forward
and reverse), email, the whole 9 yards. I also develop
network monitoring software and custom firewalls, etc.
and my own network is my test-bed. I *want* the rest of
the world to have full access to my network and I need
to be able to sniff what I see (try getting an ISP to
let me run a sniffer). And I need access to all 5+ machines
externally from potentially anywhere.

Worst case I can downgrade to cable or something and write
my own proxy program to simulate a real network, but I
want to explore all my *real* options first.

yeah, i know i wierd...