> Yeah, get the latest netinstall floppies and you'll be all set. Just be
> carefull that you actually get the PCMCIA stuff setup. The actual default
> order of setup will blow right by the PCMCIA stuff. You have been warned.

yeah, I think I had to install like 6 times before I finally got it right, when I
first put debian on this machine. I'm bad at reading sometimes.

> You needn't use 2.4 with woody if you don't want to. X4 is sweet if you need
> the fastest DRM stuff for X4 but for the most part it sucks rocks. And yes
> pump handles DHCP much better in woody than in potato.

what is DRM stuff?

> Personally I got fed up trying to get debian to install on this damn sony vaio
> with a USB floppy and am installing freebsd via ftp now. It went beautifully.
> Two floppy images and I am golden.
>
> Just my .02 on that.

Actually, I've looked all over and I can't find the floppy drive for dorkstuff, so
I guess I'm going to have to wait and burn another cd. Unless by some miracle I
find one or the other. Probably a good thing as it will save me a headache. I need
to be better organized about stuff when I pack and move. I guess thats my lesson
for today.

~jacque "not gonna get around to installing linux today so I guess I'm a loser"
urick