Hi,

> I want to SSL-enable my Web server at home. Do I really have to pony up
> a bunch of money/year for the privilege or is there an alternative?

No you don't, you can generate your own certificate. No URLs handy but I
believe it's explained in the mod_ssl or one of those docs installation
docs. Been a long time, sorry. Also, there's Public Key Infrastructure
(PKI) which I believe will be an open resource that we don't have to pay
for but I'm vaguely familiar with it. I do believe that it's related to
SSL, a friend is actually working on it. I should do my homework.

Ron