> So, I have a few questions.

Shoot.

> One, do NeXTs need parity memory?

Yes.

> Two, do they work with stock parity memory, or do they need something special?
Standard 30-pin parity SIMMs work just fine.

> Three, does anyone have appropriate 30-pin SIMMs that they wouldn't mind
> getting a few bucks for?

Not I, but the ACM (at the U) does.  I'll put you in contact with the Staff
Manager there to see if he's willing to part with some or at least let you
bring in your NeXT to see if the memory in our NeXTs works in it (since
from your post it sounds like you're not necessarily sure that memory is
the problem).

Gabe

Gabe Turner				       |  	   X-President,
UNIX Systems Administrator,		       | Assoc. for Computing Machinery
U of M Supercomputing Institute for	       |    University of Minnesohta
Digital Simulation and Advanced Computation    |       dopp at acm.cs.umn.edu

"I do not believe in the creed professed by the Jewish church, by the Roman
 church, by the Greek church, by the Protestant church, nor by any church
 that I know of.  My own mind is my church."
						- Thomas Paine