On Thu, 14 Dec 2000, Eric F Crist wrote:

> I've never used a MC file, I've always edited the sendmail.cf file directly.
> My virtusertable file is setup like this:
>
> wraith at shadowwraith.net		wraith
> ecrist at ardent-hacker.net		ecrist
> root at ardent-hacker.net		root
> bogus at shadowwraith.net		ecrist

    Hi Eric,
   Try going to the directory /usr/lib/sendmail-cf/cf

    There will be a file called sendmail.mc

    open it

    add the line:

    FEATURE(`virtusertable',`hash -o /etc/mail/virtusertable')dnl

    Save and get out of the editor.

    Back at the command line type in:

   m4 < sendmail.mc > sendmail.cf

   This will generate a new sendmail.cf file. It will create it
  in the current directory though, so you have to move your new
sendmail.cf file over to /etc and replace the old one (I would rename your
old one sendmail.cf.bak before you do this)

   Then restart sendmail and you can make the changes to your
virtusertable.

   go to your /etc/mail directory and make the changes you want to
   your virtusertable. Then back at the command line type in

    makemap hash /etc/mail/virtusertable < virtusertable

    The generics table is just for outgoing mail, if I am not mistaken.
   But, I would make the changes as you have (which look fine):

> the genericstable is setup like this:
>
> wraith		wraith at shadowwraith.net

    And then back at the CLI do makemap hash /etc/mail/genericstable <
genericstable.

   If that doesn't work, I wouldn't know what else to try.

   Hope that helps.

    - Jamie