On Wed, 13 Dec 2000, Timothy Wilson wrote:

> On Wed, 13 Dec 2000, Michael Vieths wrote:
>
> > RPS = Roadway Package Systems.
>
> I'm not 100% sure, but I believe they're owned by FedEx. Sort of their
> answer to UPS.

RPS has been around for years.  We used them for "truck freight", i.e.,
things that were too big for UPS when we needed to ship large heavy
(refrigerator sized) things when I did electronics more.

They got into more counter service starting 6-7 years ago, and then were
acquired by FedEx.  My dates may be wrong, but that's the gist of it.

Incidentally, my MO (the usual M.O.?!) came by a truck labelled FedEx
Ground.  I bet that was an RPS truck that had been repainted.

Cheers,
Phil M

--
"To misattribute a quote is unforgivable." --Anonymous