Hey, you have now exceeded your allotted quota for use of the alphanumeric
sequence "tnt" :)

> Only 16mb? Its not an Ultra is it? PCI or AGP? I suppose $45 is
> reasonable.
>
> TNT's are well supported under 3.x and 4.x at any rate. I like TNTs. I
> have a TNT2 Ultra and a TNT1 in the same box. I love my TNTs...

It's a Viper 770 - 16MB AGP. Uses the TNT2 (not M64, not Ultra) chipset. I am
replacing a Voodoo2 (aka Voodoo3 1000) and S3 virge GX2 combo. I am not a
gamer in any sense of the word, but I would like to continue to be able to
play openGL games if I feel like I need to in the future. I am hoping this is
an upgrade from the V2 + S3, which has been a very stable setup.

But mostly, I'm looking for high-performance and high resolutions 2D in X.. I
have just heard nothing but good about the TNT2 chipset.

I bought one of these Viper 770 (16MB) cards for a friend about a year ago.
Came from GNS for about $79.00 + tax.

--
Bill Layer
Sales Technician

     Viking Electronics, Inc.
       1531 Industrial St.
    Hudson, WI. 54016 - U.S.A
      715.386.8861 ext. 210
 <http://www.vikingelectronics.com>

"Telecom Solutions for the 21st Century"