Hi,

On Wed, 13 Dec 2000, Andy Zbikowski (Zibby) wrote:

> The manual has some Linux instructions. For now I created 1 primiary
> partition on the disk and ext2 formatted it.
> /dev/sdc1 on /mnt/mo type ext2 (rw,noexec,nosuid,nodev,user=zibby)

Huh. Weird. That made my machine hang. I notice the manual says to create
partitions, and THEN it tells you to mkfs /dev/sdX, not /dev/sdXn (ie, the
ENTIRE DEVICE). do what do I need a partition for?

When I try to mkfs -b 2048 /dev/sdb1, I get tons of:

I/O error: dev 08:11, sector 4915472

I've mkfs'd /dev/sdb, and only get 597MB, Might be a different counting
method I guess.

Who was the person who said these were fast? (: mine seems slow. I'll have
to time it later. Once it's done doing the Test Copy, I'll try plaing some
MPEGs off it, and then try removing the partition table and trying mkfs
again.

Hmmm... it seems to be doing some weird buffering thing. Might be Linux
doing it though (: Like copying a large file increases in big chunks,
rather than while it's copying (too tired to be more coherent).

Ok, cp's done but this thing's still going. Buffers.

Ok, here goes the MPEG. Hahahha, man Tex Avery was one twisted person.

Weird, I just did an fdisk -b 2048 and I got:

ll_rw_block: device 08:10: only 2048-char blocks implemented (1024)

This is 2.4.0-test11.

Night!

-Yaron