Hello all.

I have mostly been a user of Mandrake Linux.    However, I recently installed
Redhat 6.1 just to check it out.  Also, going to RH helps with support and
software at work.

I noticed a difference between Mandrake and RH's install manuals:  Redhat
recommends creating at 16MB "/boot" partition whereas Mandrake does not.  So,
what are the pros and cons of having a /boot partition on a server that will
be responsible for DHCP, DNS , APACHE, RAS, and more.  Would it have some
advantage for upgrades, rebuilds, etc?

I have a copy of Running Linux but it does not really discuss pros and cons of
creating a /boot partition versus just most stuff in /.

BTW, this server will have separate partitions for /var, /home, /user, and /.

Any assistance that you can provide is appreciated.  Thanks.