Bah, he can fit it somehow.  I used to have slackware with compilers and X
installed on a 210MB drive on my old 486.  I had it that way for over a year
and it was my primary machine in college.  I needed a zip drive though to
keep some of my larger files on since after it was all done I only had about
40MB left over.

Jay