Ben Lutgens wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 11, 2000 at 11:13:17AM -0600, fjorn wrote:
> >
> >While I was digging through linuxdocs.org, ran across this for you:
> >
> O.k. all you smart guys, I am aware that it can be done, but common sense will
> tell you that if you want to be comfortable you need at least a Gig. just try
> to install under 200 MB and see how fast you use it up.
>
> If all you want is a text console the bare essentials will fit under there,
> but keep in mind that the kernel source is up to 20MB and glibc is like double
> that. no add in vim  (or god forbid emacs), some docs, and system utils and
> you are done dealing.

Whoa!  Settle down.  I wasn't saying that it would be a very good box, nor that
you would have all the features that you want.  But given the limited space of his
drive, he's very limited in what he can put on it.  I didn't read the How-to, just
saw it.  If he's interested in getting it running, he'll read it.

He didn't say really what he's after for a box, except that he's having problems
with X.  Who knows, maybe all he wants is something that will give him text email
for the road.

I posted that URL for his benefit, just to say that it can be done with the
documentation to help him out.

Shawn