I really like majordomo, but it's really the only mailling list software
I've ever used.  It's not for everyone though.  Prepare to do a lot of
stuff by hand and some Perl hacking :)  I was checking out the Procmail
webpage today and noticed that they have a procmail-esque mailing list
software called SmartList.  It may be worth checking out.

Gabe