Jason,
  Good point, but limiting address space in an e-mail message seems
extreme.  We need to employ the blacklist method.  Host names change all
the time, but IP address space rarely changes hands as often.  An
equivalent systems to hosts.allow and hosts.deny may work -- something
procmail parses like email.allow and email.deny -- keying off the
ORIGINATING SYSTEM, not the FROM: header.  My procmail experience is
minimal... is something like this already built in?

Timothy