On Fri, Dec 08, 2000 at 10:10:06AM -0600, Benjamin Exley wrote:
> On the plus side of spam, there is always a certain humor factor
> involved...

Your pseudoword count needs much work...  A few results found at
dictionary.com:

> Let's count the number of "pseudowords" that are used here. I
> count two so far - viripotent and vexations

- viripotent, a. [L. vir man + potens fit for.] Developed in
- manhood; hence, able to beget; marriageable. [Obs.]

A manly drug?  One which you can marry?  OK, doesn't make any sense, but it
_is_ a word...  (I actually didn't think this one was real either.)

- vex·a·tious
-  adj.
-           1.  Causing or creating vexation; annoying.
-           2.  Full of annoyance or distress; harassed.
-           3.  Intended to vex or annoy.

That's a real one.

> I'm gonna call efficacious a pseudoword,

Why?

- ef·fi·ca·cious
-  adj.
-       Producing or capable of producing a desired effect. See Synonyms at
- effective.

> Well this list sort of throws my whole pseudoword count out the
> window, but lets see... calmative,

You're kidding, right?

- calm·a·tive
-  adj.
-       Having relaxing or pacifying properties; sedative.
-  n.
-       A sedative.

>  synesthesia,

- syn·es·the·sia also syn·aes·the·sia
-  n.
-           1.  A condition in which one type of stimulation evokes the
-               sensation of another, as when the hearing of a sound produces
-               the visualization of a color.
-           2.  A sensation felt in one part of the body as a result of
-               stimulus applied to another, as in referred pain.
-           3.  The description of one kind of sense impression by using
-               words that normally describe another.

>  conglomerated (can
> you use conglomerate like that??),

Yes.

- con·glom·er·ate
-  v. intr. and tr. con·glom·er·at·ed, con·glom·er·at·ing, con·glom·er·ates.

> I'll let non-ephedra slide because I think it's referring to the drug
> more commonly marketed as Sudafed <sp?>(same goes for
> ephedrine),

You've got it backwards.  "Sudafed" is, essentially, shorthand for
"pseudoephedrine" (with a trademark added for spice).

> Also, I reject efficaciousness

That is the correct noun form of efficacious, although I would probably go
with "efficacy" (yes, that's also a word) myself.

>  and precursorship on general
> principles.

- precursorship, n. The position or condition of a precursor. --Ruskin.

> Benjamin Exley
> Online Webmaster
> The Minnesota Daily

*sigh*

Geek Code 3.1:  GCS d? s+: a- C++ UL++$ P++>+++ L+++>++++ E- W--(++) N+ o+
!K w---$ O M- V? PS+ PE Y+ PGP t 5++ X+ R++ tv b+ DI++++ D G e* h+ r y+