At 12:05 PM 12/7/00 -0600, Bob Tanner <tanner at real-time.com> wrote:
>Please take the time to visit the LUG's home page and answer the poll. I
>really
>would like to get a feel from the community on installing ORBS on the TCLUG
>mailing list server.

I hate spam. I'm also not a big fan of some of ORBS practices.
I'd like to suggest a third option which may be a acceptable compromise --
tag, rather than reject, email which tests ORBS positive. The spam is still
received and will still waste the bandwidth, but it'll be easy to filter.

While I'm here, perhaps someone can help. I subscribed to
tclug-list at mn-linux.org on 11/28 via the website. I have only received
only12 articles (23881-23883, one reply to 23883, and 23885 - 23892, ). I
subscribed on two other accounts (on two different providers) as a test and
the behavior is the same.

I'm getting some traffic, but not all traffic. I'm getting some of the mail
from some posters, but not all the mail from any posters. I'm doing my best
to RTFM, but I'm stumped. I'm starting to think I'm being persecuted for
subscribing from a windows machine.