I'm trying..

> > I've built many computers, and I've *never* seen any hardware like this..
> > these are not just basic off-the-shelf parts. And they are not threaded
> > parts, either... couldn't be that easy, had to be some proprietary
> > nightmare.
>
> Well, the trick is, is to find a place that OEM builds a lot of machines
> with this case. They'll have more extra standoffs and extra parts than
> they could ever use. ;)
> ________________________

Tell you what - if you can find a place that builds on this case, I'll go and
bug them for spares! I called MicroCenter's service dept (they do sell this
case) and the person I talked to seemed to have little concept of what I
needed.

Why can't I ever find a bigger geek than myself, when I need one? Uh oh, here
comes a RANT!

GNS has some new counter help, that I don't think will prove to be very
'helpful' if you know what I mean; unimpressd with his 'can't-do' attitude
last time I was in. Ditto for MPC electronics in Eagan. They had this smart
young Vietnamese kid there for a while, but the new guy is a clone of the
Comic Book Store Guy on the Simpsons, but he listens to contemporary
Christian music all day.

Bill Layer
<b.layer at vikingelectronics.com>