> Now I must build /usr/include/linux, which I've done by making a symlink
> to /usr/src/linux/include/linux/, per Yaron's suggestion, and to match
> another RH7 box here.

That's actually a bad thing. /usr/include/linux should have the headers of
the kernel your libiaries and programs were compiled agnist. Red Hat/Debian,
and other intentionally put these headers here instead of a sym link to
/usr/src/linux/include/linux so that the headers do not get overwritten by
extracting the latest kernel source to /usr/src/linux.

If you do overwrite these files your system will most likely function, but
you make get some wierd error messages when you try and compile things
(probally nithing serious unless you switch to the 2.4 kernel series)
Personally, I'd stick with whatever files the packager wanted there,
espically since RedHat 7 has enough compiler issues to start with.

At least in the case of Red Hat and Debian, it is ok to compile  your kernel
in /usr/src/linux (kinda recomended if you're using make-kpkg...)

--
Andy Zbikowski, Sys Admin   | (WEB) http://www.ltiflex.com
LTI Flexible Products, Inc. | (PH)  763-428-9119 (EX) 132