> I second that, and anytime a software author puts up 1000.00
> of his own cash
> as a reward for finding a security hole....
>
> It still stands after 3 years. (i think it's that long)
>
> qmail rocks.

Actually, the reward has been up for grabs since 1995.  Qmail does rock.  I
set up a killer qmail cluster at work for sending out our market reports
which are time sensitive.  2 servers can saturate a DS3 with outgoing mail.

There's a way to do virtual users without creating accounts.  Join the qmail
mailing list and ask about it.  Read the FAQ's first though, the people on
the list will flame you to no end for not reading the FAQ or asking stupid
questions.  I feel sorry for some of the people posting to that list.  There
are all sorts of patches also for large queues, large concurrency for local
and outgoing mail, and about a million other things.  It's definitely not
something that's straightforward to set up, but once you get it going, it
rocks.

http://www.qmail.org
or
http://cr.yp.to