On Tue, Dec 05, 2000 at 07:24:33PM -0600, nate at techie.com wrote:
> What do you consider a "Large Number?"  More than 65,000?

Yep.  Marketing claims that they'll have 50,000 accounts within 3 months and
half a million by the end of 2001.  Those are just marketing numbers but,
unless they're high by an order of magnitude, we'd run out of UIDs before
long.  (I assume that's why you mentioned 65,000.)

> For very
> large email systems I would have to recommend Qmail[1].  It can easily
> handle large numbers of email accounts on single systems and it works
> really well in farm configurations (which you might not need).

How procmail-friendly is it?  The main reason management is interested in
sendmail is that I've already written some procmail-based code to do
user-configurable mail filtering (more specifically, piping selected messages
through some external code) which is fairly close to the core of (the mail-
based portions of) our system.

Geek Code 3.1:  GCS d? s+: a- C++ UL++$ P++>+++ L+++>++++ E- W--(++) N+ o+
!K w---$ O M- V? PS+ PE Y+ PGP t 5++ X+ R++ tv b+ DI++++ D G e* h+ r y+