On Tue, Dec 05, 2000 at 02:04:18PM -0600, Eric Hillman wrote:
>So, after a long struggle with licensing issues, bad or broken management
>software and recurring technical problems in the face of which Novell is
>apparently helpless, the folks here at my workplace (whose opinions are,
>nevertheless, not necessarily represented by the following) are considering
>ditching Novell Netware altogether and moving to, believe it or not, a 100%
>Linux back office.  (Well, 90%.. Unfortunately we'll still need some NT in there
>for the time being).

hurderos might be your answer. It's developed at the NDSU. These guys were
here at sistina last week and thier product is really slick. It's like
LDAP,NIS,Acive directory on crack that's open source, and built with kerberos.
(looks for URL) They use it in production on the NDSU campus and nearly all
the colleges in ND are connected to it and are maintained by it. (looks some
more) Well I don't think there is anything on the web but if you're realy
interested lemme know and I can possibly get a phone number so you can call
them.

Closest i could find on the web is
http://www.ndsu.nodak.edu/its/depts/servergroup/ which doesn't say anything
about the software but at least it tell you what it offers. It's pretty sweet,
maybe overkill though how many users?