I have spent the last several hours pouring through docs on suid and
racking my mind. My script isn't working. Here is a long listing of my
script:

 -rwsr-sr-- 1 root   wheel         379  Dec 5  12:57  myprog

  The contents of my prog are:

  #!/bin/bash

  cat /root/file1;

  User Jamie is on the group wheel, but when jamie goes to execute myprog
  the system qweefs like this:

  cat: /root/file1: Permission denied

  I am using Red Hat 6.2. As I am understanding the documentation, since
jamie is on wheel, when he executes this program, the program will run as
root, and if the file is running as root, it would have the file access
privelages as root. Am I wrong?? Evidently I am, but then it would seem to
be incongruent with what all my books are telling me.
I have also tried running myprog as root, and it works fine then. One last
thing I should include is a pic of my root directory where file1 is:

drwxr-x---  15   root   root      4096  Dec 5  02:32  root

and here is a long listing of file1:

-rwxr-xr--   1  root   root       5  Dec 5  01:05  file1

   - Jme