On Tue, Dec 05, 2000 at 11:07:52AM -0600, Bob Tanner wrote:
>I have got several scathing email about spam mail on the mailing list.
>
>Second, yes, the email can be vulgar.

Kick ass!!

>Third, yes, we can block more of it.

Again, Kick ass! (No i didn't mail bob about the spam, I know how hard it is)

>to block lots of legitimate email. In fact several people sent email to me
>asking why ORBS bounced them.
>
>So, there it is. To ORBS or not to ORBS.

Bob, I use mailman as well (God I love it) and I just set the list to only
allow posting from subscribed members and then told qmail to use rblsmtpd and
all is well. Orbs is pretty screwy so i didn't mess with it my setup seems to
have it. For anything that does poke through I have a procmail catchall that
is supposed to delete anything that hasn't been filtered already but it
doesn't for some reason.

Which MTA is serving the list traffic sendmail? surely senmails USE_RBL_CHECK
or whatever of maps.vix.com will help a little.

--
Ben Lutgens		cell: 612.670.4789	http://www.sistina.com/
Sistina Software Inc.	work: 612.379.3951