> Actually, a company in Hamil MN (apparently 30 mins from mpls) bought the
> blueprints and makes something called the "Avant
> Stellar" (http://www.cvtinc.com/kybdfeatures.htm), which is
> supposedly the samething, but with Windoze keys. And for $170. For the
> CHEAP ones.
>
> Ok, this keyboard is HEAVY - it's made of steel. It is EXTREMELY
> resilient. The keys CLICK most satisfyingly.
>
> Also, most models are VERY programmable. You can interchange the locations
> of the Ctrl and CAPSlock, among others. Or Dvorak it. The key caps are all
> removable.
>
> Oh, you can get them with the F-Keys on the side, where they belong.

only problem I see with them, is that they have those oversized <enter>
keys; which are a complete waste of space. at least they don't look like
they cropped the <backspace> key. I've never had trouble hitting the
normal-sized <enter> key; but undersized <backspace> keys drive me nuts.
(when you mistype as often as I do, backspace keys are very important).

they look interesting, tho.

Carl.
--
Network Engineer