I am trying to install a program. When I run ./configure, I get this
message, then the configure process stops:

 checking for gdk-pixbuf >= 0.4... configure: error: not
found.\nEucalyptus requires gdk-pixbuf version 0.4 or higher.

  I went out on the net and I downloaded the file:

  gdk-pixbuf-0.6.0-1.i586.rpm

  and I installed it in this fashion:

  [root at redeye jamie]# rpm -Uvh gdk-pixbuf-0.6.0-1.i586.rpm

  Rpm seemed to install it fine. Gave me the nice graph as it did it's
work. Hmmm...I thought, that was easy enough. Now I will simply run
./configure again and I am certain it will work as I intend it to...

  I get the SAME error!

  {In my mind, I am assuming that by running the rpm for that package,
and since I found no further instructions associated with it, that it
would install whatever libraries I need. Evidently I am mistaken.}

   Can anyone shed some light on my weary mind?

   BTW: I am trying to install eucalyptus, a gui based gnome mail client
that handles MIME types. Thnks.

   - Jamie